Friday, November 27, 2009

Firefox 2 vs. IE 7 - What's your opinion?

Both releases came out this week for the new generation of browsers.



I'm a huge Firefox 2 fan and have been promoting it to everyone, but I would like to hear everyones opinion. Also if you use another browser, such as Opera and have reasons you like it better than the "Big Two" let me know.



Firefox 2 vs. IE 7 - What's your opinion?windows defender



I've been using Firefox / Mozilla for over 2 years.



It's years ahead of either IE version.



It was designed from the beginning to be extendable - and not a monolithic monster embedded in your OS.



If there's anything you can think of to do with a browser - someones probably written an extension for it already.



(Extensions are add-ons written for Firefox - easily installed - AND removed - and open-source if you want to change it)



Want to alternate through 5 tabs of items you're bidding for on eBay? No problem - how often do you want to switch tabs? Get TabMixPlus extension.



Tabs too confusing or just bidding on one item? Set a single window to refresh itself.



Got something that only works with IE?



There are very few sites anymore that I can think of - except "Windows Update" (it's non-WWW compliant), but you can Download IEtab and have an IE session running in a FireFox tabbed window.



Well, I've gotten to the point that when I'm working on someone elses PC, and I need to access the Internet more than 1/2 dozen times, I go ahead and download FireFox to use it. I'll show it to them quick. If they don't like it ("Oh! I don't know - I don't want to try anything different.") - I un-install it before I leave.



Some dogs you can't teach new tricks. These are usually the people who have newer machines than I do and only keep one window open, but keep re-opening the same site 5 times in 10 minutes to look stuff up.



I start with a Firefox page with 8 tabs open to my "must have" sites. At the moment I have 8 Firefox windows ranging from a single window to this one which has about 20.



It's nice for dial-up users as it's easy to block the ads and flash crap which you otherwise have to download - it speeds up viewing the "meat" of the page tremendously.



Firefox 2 vs. IE 7 - What's your opinion?windows updates internet explorer



FF!!
IE7 more power and better then firefox
I am happy with Firefox 2. I also have Opera but I find it is not quite as good as Firefox. I only use Opera if there is a glitch with Firefox but that is very rare. I intend staying with Firefox.



I gave up on IE a long time ago as I was having too many problems.



Hope this answers your question.
FX 2
I use both, I like both.



I think the big 'my browser is better than your browser' stuff is a lot of adolescent malarkey!



They both work fine, if FF ever gets as popular as IE, the hackers will be after it just as bad.
I like the safety of Firefox and Opera, granted no browser is 100% secure, Internet Exploder is the least secure browser you can be using.



United States Computer Emergency Team:



"There are a number of significant vulnerabilities in technologies related to the IE domain/zone...It is possible to reduce exposure to these vulnerabilities by using a different web browser"



http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/713878



Proof



http://secunia.com/Internet_Explorer_Arb...



On top of this, IE7 still does not support web standards, and this drives up the cost of web developing, leaving us consumers ultimately paying the bill.



Compare the results of the web standards test:



The test results are suppose to look like this:



http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util...



Firefox 2 results:



http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util...



IE7 results:



http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util...



Opera results (perfect):



http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util...



You can try the test here to see that I'm not bu11 sh1ting you:



http://www.webstandards.org/files/acid2/...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair