Friday, November 27, 2009

I want my ie back please.?

I've recently cleaned out my pc and i have ie6 and firefox.



I need to install a bunch of updates to keep my computer up to date with security but i cant since everytime i type a url in ie6 firefox shows up and instead of ie6 re-directing me to the site firefox is.



So now i cant go to the microsoft update page since..firefox is not supported by microsoft, any help would make my day.



I want my ie back please.?microsoft word download



It would appear Mozilla Firefox has been reset as your default browser over Internet Explorer.



To alter your defaults I would suggest you force Internet explorer to become your preferred browser. This can be done by



Start menu



Set programe access and defaults



Select either:



Microsoft Windows



Custom -%26gt; Internet Explorer



This should resolve the issue , however if this is not the case then you might consider removing firefox from your system all together , I would adivse a system restore point is made prior to making any system changes.



[ UPDATE DUE TO ADDITIONAL DETAILS ]



Thank you for updating your question



Please go to your C:// drive under my computer to manually remove firefox from your system. You should find it under the following path



C:// -%26gt; Program Files -%26gt; Mozilla Firefox -%26gt; Uninstall



Or you can simply remove the file completely.



Once again I recommend you create a system restore point prior to altering system settings and content.



All the best



Ch蔚蔚rs



I want my ie back please.?internet explorer download internet explorer



restore it.
ok i will send you it back next week ok sorry for the long wait hun
Microsoft.. they don't like Firefox do they! I have the same problem.



You can still go to the Microsoft website by entering the URL or clicking a link in your browser. It will take you to the updates page.
Something similar happened to me. I uninstalled FireFox and did my Microsoft updates and then re-installed FireFox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair