Friday, November 27, 2009

In Roman Numerals ie I, II,III,IV,V,VI, etc why is it always IIII (4) on a clock or wrist watch?

Probably symmetry for the letter-heavy VIII on the other side, and history.



In Roman Numerals ie I, II,III,IV,V,VI, etc why is it always IIII (4) on a clock or wrist watch?windows media player



To make it easy to distinguish from VI (6) when read at an angle.



And no, I don't know why they don't do the same with IX and XI. I suppose they're not so upside-down.



In Roman Numerals ie I, II,III,IV,V,VI, etc why is it always IIII (4) on a clock or wrist watch?windows live messenger internet explorer



A watchmaking tradition.
because IV could easily be mistaken for V if the watch is real small, your eyes are real bad or you are real tired.
simply because they are not using it.
Weird. My watches all use IV for 4.
my watch has a IV for four so i dont understand your question

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair